Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love mincemeat pie & am always on the lookout for new ways to make it! Here's one nice variation! I have, at times, doubled the ingredients & used a deep dish or even a 10" pie shell, but the baking times need to be adjusted, as well.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, slightly whisk eggs.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, flour & salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to eggs, mixing well.
- Add melted butter, mincemeat & nuts, mixing well.
- Pour into pie shell & bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F & bake an additional 30 minutes.
Looks like a giant butter tart!! Easy to make, great for using up the last of the mincemeat. A wonderful pie to serve to guests and family. Will make again. Thanks for posting.