1/3 Photos of Custard Cream Cookies
easy, quick, and melt in your mouth cookie. Good filled or not filled the choice is yours. All the measurements in this recipe are weighed out on a scale. Received this in 1975 from Leeds England.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream 2 ounces of powdered sugar with the 6 ounces of butter or margarine. Cream well until fluffy.
- 2Sift the 6 ounces of flour with the baking soda, and custard powder.
- 3Add dry mixture to the creamed mix and combine well.
- 4Roll into small balls, and then flatten with the tines of a fork.
- 5Bake at 325°F on parchment-lined sheet, until bottoms are just turning golden.
- 6This should be about 8 minutes.
- 7Remove to cooling rack and cool completely.
- 8-CREAM FILLING-.
- 9Combine the last of the 2 ounces powdered icing sugar with the 1 ounce of room temperature butter, until creamy and spreadable.
- 10Spread frosting on the bottom of one cookie, and top with the bottom of another, to make a filled cookie.
- 11Note: This recipe is all weighed out measurements.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Custard Cream Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 52.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: