Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
easy, quick, and melt in your mouth cookie. Good filled or not filled the choice is yours. All the measurements in this recipe are weighed out on a scale. Received this in 1975 from Leeds England.
- Cream 2 ounces of powdered sugar with the 6 ounces of butter or margarine. Cream well until fluffy.
- Sift the 6 ounces of flour with the baking soda, and custard powder.
- Add dry mixture to the creamed mix and combine well.
- Roll into small balls, and then flatten with the tines of a fork.
- Bake at 325°F on parchment-lined sheet, until bottoms are just turning golden.
- This should be about 8 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack and cool completely.
- -CREAM FILLING-.
- Combine the last of the 2 ounces powdered icing sugar with the 1 ounce of room temperature butter, until creamy and spreadable.
- Spread frosting on the bottom of one cookie, and top with the bottom of another, to make a filled cookie.
- Note: This recipe is all weighed out measurements.
these are very simple to make and have a unique flavour with the custard powder. I baked the first pan at 325° but I had to bake for 10 min. The 2nd pan I raised the temp. to 350°and baked for the 8 minutes.I only got 32 cookies. I made about 1" balls but I guess they were a bit too big. I think a 1" cookie scoop would be ideal.Took pics with and without the icing between.