Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A spanish sweet custard tart that's lovely warm or chilled.
- 300 g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 300 ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 25 g butter, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125 g fresh raspberries
- 50 g sliced almonds
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Use the pastry to line a shallow 23cm fluted flan tin.
- Fill with crumpled foil and blind bakefor 10 minutes until set and golden.
- Place the sugar and the cornflour in a pan and stir in the milk unti well blended.
- Bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool a little, then beat in the egg yolks, butter and vanilla essence.
- Scatter the raspberries over the base, then carefully pour in the custard and scatter over the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 20 minutes until set and golden.
- Dust with a little icing sugar and serve warm or cold-it willset more firmly when cool.