1/1 Photo of Curtido (Salvadorean Pickled Coleslaw)
This is a condiment served with almost any meal in El Salvador, goes great with tamales and pupusas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cabbage, carrots and chiles in a large bowl.
- 2Pour salt evenly over the mixture.
- 3Gently pour boiling water over mixture and allow to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- 4Pour vinager over mixture and add oregano. Carefully mix every thing together and add more salt if neccessary.
- 5Note: I always allow the completed curtido to sit overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curtido (Salvadorean Pickled Coleslaw)
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 669.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g