Recipe by Valeria
This Salvadorean condiment resembling coleslaw is customarily paired with pupusas.
Top Review by Rubi
Maybe it's a regional thing but this wasn't what I expected. I think the recipe needs way more vinegar and fermenting time. The cabbage taste was too strong and it needed more salt. Thanks anyways!
- 1 medium head of cabbage, chopped
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper or 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cabbage in boiling water for no more than one minute. Discard the water.
- Put the cabbage in a large bowl and add grated carrots, sliced onion, cayenne, oregano, olive oil, salt, brown sugar, vinegar, and water.
- Let chill in refrigerator at least two hours before serving.