Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
While in Vegas, this was an item on the buffet at the Paris. I ran into the executive Chef and gave him my compliments, because it was SOO yummy! He gave me an idea of how they made it... mine turned out very close to what we had in Vegas. (prep/cooking time does not include pre-mixing the yogurt sauce)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt (plain, I used fat free)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (less if you're using fresh)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (fresh coriander)
- At least 2 hours ahead of time, mix yogurt, spices, lemon juice in a small bowl, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Break cauliflower into small to medium sized florets.
- Toss in a large bowl with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Spread on a cookie sheet in one layer and bake in pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Remove from oven and return to large bowl.
- stir chopped cilantro into yogurt/spice mixture and spoon over califlower.
- toss to coat well (you may not need ALL of the yogurt, depending on how large of a head of cauliflower you have).
- return to baking sheet and continue to bake for about another 5-10 minutes (cook to your liking, some prefer some crunch left in their veggies).
- remove from oven and enjoy!
This recipe did not work for me. I found the sauce very sour and the cauliflower after 30 minutes in the oven was still not cooked enough. If I did this recipe again, I would steam the cauliflower first as cauliflower doesn't even begin to brown in 15 minutes in the oven. I also would definitely add cumin seeds to the sauce.
I was craving Indian food but we couldn't go out. This cauliflower was delicious, my husband loved it too and he isn't a vegetable fan. If you want it hot use spicy curry.
I made this as an accompaniment to a Panang Chicken Curry recipe that I found in Bon Appetit. It worked well as a side. It was easy to prepare. We liked it, but probably would not make it again. It was worth trying. Thanks!