Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A lower-fat dip adapted from Desperation Entertaining by Beverley Mills and Alicia Ross. I use Balkan/Greek style yogurt and Sharwood's mild curry powder. Cooking time includes draining the yogurt and refrigeration.
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (or chili sauce)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Drain yogurt for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Combine drained yogurt, 1 tablespoon green onion, mayonnaise, ketchup and curry powder. Stir well.
- Garnish with remaining green onions.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to blend flavours.
I quite like this, nice and light using yogurt. I didn't have time to drain the yogurt but that was OK because it was a thick balkan style anyway. I happened to have HOT banana ketchup on hand, (finally, something to use that with :) . I felt like it was just missing a little something, which maybe depends on the curry powder you use...added some dried parsley, garlic powder and S&P. Thanks Lille. BTW, I think this would be a great dressing for a waldorf type salad.
It was good...the curry powder gave it a nice indian flavor...i thought that it would've been a bit better without the curry powder...then again...im not a person that's all about spices.
I made half the recipe amount using low fat sour cream. This dip is a nice change from the usual herb, onion, vegetable dips. We really enjoyed the addition of curry, a nice mild flavour.