Recipe by HeatherFeather
Ohhh this was so good! This originally came from an episode of Emeril Live, about what to do with holiday leftovers. I used the apricot jam. Emeril cut up some French bread into thin slices and tossed with a little olive oil, then broiled them until crispy for homemade "crouton" slices. I didn't bother with croutons when I made this.
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney or 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb leftover skinless turkey breast, precooked, diced (leftovers or buy a hunk from your deli)
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooled (wild or white)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped, garnish
- crouton, as garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing: chutney, curry, and enough mayo to taste.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine turkey, rice, grapes, almonds, and red onions.
- Add dressing and mix well.
- Serve atop salad greens (drizzled with a bit of high quality olive oil), garnish with chives and set croutons on top.