Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Rachael Ray
- 2 slices white bread, stale with crusts trimmed
- whole milk, for soaking
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey breast
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 mango chutney, plus more for topping
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 fresno chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- fresh ginger, 1-inch grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts or 3 tablespoons almonds or 3 tablespoons pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- fresh cilantro, small handful chopped
- vegetable oil, for sauteeing
- 4 pieces naan bread, toasted
- On rimmed plate or pie dish, soak bread in milk to soften.
- In large bowl, crumble the turkey and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze the milk form the bread over the meat, then add the bread. Add 1/4 c chutney, 1/4 c yogurt, the egg, chile, scallions, ginger, garlic, nuts, curry powder, cumin and cilantro. Mix and form into 4 patties.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over med-high. Brush with oil. Add patties, and cook til cooked through, flipping once, about 12 minute.
- Fold the flatbreads. Fill each with a patty and toppings of choice (pickled peppers, cucumber slices, lettuce, tomato, red onion, yogurt, herbs, chutney).