Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw Rachael Ray make these one day on TV. I ran to computer got recipe and ingredients together. It was on our dinner table the next evening. Easy fast meal for work night.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey breast, the average weight of 1 pkg
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated or minced (I used my plane)
- 2 garlic cloves (also used my plane for garlic..so it's grated with lots of juice)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely chopped (I've used both red and green)
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste (I used spicy one)
- extra virgin olive oil, a drizzle
- 5 crusty rolls, split
- sliced tomatoes
- mango chutney (I used peach chutney)
- mayonnaise (hubby used this)
- sliced red onion
- Combine first 9 ingredients and form into 5 patties.
- Drizzle oil on patties and grill 6 minutes on each side.
- (or you can pan fry) We used George Forman Grill.
- Place desired toppings, dressings and patty on toasted buns.
This recipe was very good. I omitted the oil and cooked the burgers on a George Foreman grill as well. I also used a green chile chutney which was spicy, combined with the hot curry paste in the burger made for a very nice and spicy turkey burger.