Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this recipe because it's simple and good. Also, it can be made quickly. I made it up out of items that were already on hand.
- 1 can tuna in water, drained (alabacore tastes best)
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- curry powder (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons green onions, chopped
- 2 whole dill pickles, diced (Claussen tastes the best)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices toasted whole wheat bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 -4 slices tomatoes
- Toast the bread.
- Mix the first seven ingredients.
- Lay lettuce leaves down on each slice of bread.
- Spoon the tuna mixture and top with the tomato and top bread slice.
- Serves 2 generous sandwiches.
- Also, the tuna can be mixed the night before for cool, refreshing sandwiches.
Easy to make; works very well and is pleasing to the eye when you replace the dill pickle with red bell pepper. Next time around I would increase the curry portion; not enough.
Great recipe! I agree with a previous reviewer who suggested using red pepper in place of pickles. I also like adding in a sprinkle of toasted cumin seeds -- it just adds a nice little extra "something" and reinforces the smokey/sweet light curry taste. Yum yum! :)
Very yummy!!!! I kind of eyeballed the amounts on everything but it was delicious. Also, we left the tomato off since we didn't have any.