Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These stuffed eggs are so good that I can only make them under supervision, or else I eat them all before it's time to serve them! A very quick and easy appetiser, which always goes down well at a buffet.
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry paste (I use a Madras paste, but choose whichever sort you like. You may wish to reduce or increase the qua)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Hard-boil and peel the eggs, then slice in half length-ways.
- Remove the yolks with a teaspoon, place them in a bowl with the mayonnaise, curry paste and lemon juice, then mash to a smooth consistency.
- Spoon neat blobs of the mixture into the hollows in the egg-halves, then arrange on a serving plate.
- Try not to eat them all before the guests arrive! :-).
I have a recipe very similar to this, except it uses 1/2 tsp. curry powder, 1/4 tsp. ground mustard, and a little coarsely ground black pepper and salt. Topped with chopped chives, they look and taste delicious! We ate them way too fast! Could make this every day, they're so good.
These were very good! I doubled the recipe and used 4tbl mayo, 3tbl sour cream, 1tbl prepared mustard, 2 small green onions chopped. To another reviewers suggestion and added 1tsp thai kitchen red curry paste. Topped the eggs with a sprinkle of paprika. They were gone in a flash!! Thanks for posting this recipe...I will be making these again!
Yummy yummy we love curry but next time I will use sour cream instead of mayonnaise because they were a bit to salty and I do not know why?