Recipe by Chef Patience
This is a flavorful soup that takes very little time to prepare. The amount of heat in this curry soup can be modified by modifying the spices. Try serving it with fresh naan and saffron rice on the side. Prep time includes the chopping time for the vegetables. Recipe from 1000 Great Recipes cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 parsnips, chopped
- 2 teaspoons medium curry paste
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, fry the garlic and onion in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the parsnips, being sure to get them coated in the butter.
- Then stir in the curry paste.
- Finally, add the stock.
- Cover and simmer for 15 min, or until the parsnips are done.
- Using a stick blender, blend the soup until it is smooth.
- Add the milk and heat gently for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of sour cream and the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the rest of the sour cream scooped on top.