1/2 Photos of Curry Soup With Meatballs
A hearty soup which is perfect for warming up on those upcoming cold nights. 1 cup canned coconut milk may be substituted for the desiccated coconut. Just skip steps 8 and 9 and add the coconut milk as directed in step 10.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 225 g lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Mix together the meatball ingredients.
- 2Form into small balls about the size of a walnut.
- 3Heat wok and add peanut oil. When hot, fry the meatballs until browned all over.
- 4Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- 5Carefully drain all but 1 teaspoon of oil, removing any black bits that may be leftover in the pan.
- 6Fry the garam masala and turmeric for the broth for 30 seconds.
- 7Add onion, curry leaves and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, strain coconut in a sieve over a bowl, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Reserve the liquid coconut milk.
- 9Discard the pulp.
- 10Add soaking water(coconut milk) to the wok and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 11Adjust seasoning.
- 12Strain soup and return to wok.
- 13Add meatballs and simmer a further 5 minutes.
- 14Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Soup With Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.7
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 429.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: