Recipe by Szakacs
MMMmmm This is one good pasta salad. Even people that dont like curry like this one. It has everything that you could want bacon, shrimp, veggies, pasta. I'm not allowed to enter a party if I dont have my famous pasta salad. You can use this as a dinner or a side. Serves 27 ( 1/2 cup each) Hope you enjoy:)
Top Review by lauroncroft
LOVE this salad!!! It is a big hit all all family functions. It's easy and looks amazing. If you make this salad for an event take the recipe with you as everyone will be asking you for it!
- 1 lb bacon, crisply cooked and chopped (save drippings)
- 2 (19 ounce) bags frozen cheese tortellini (the smaller the tortillini the better)
- 1 head broccoli floret, chopped bite size
- 1 small red onion, chopped bite size
- 1 red pepper, chopped bite size
- 1 (30 -40 count) bag frozen cooked shrimp, approx 30-40 in a bag (thawed and tails removed)
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk (depending how thin you want dressing you can add more milk)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -4 tablespoons mild curry powder, if you wish (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta till al dente about 7 minutes.
- drain, rinse, and put in large bowl.
- also put all veggies, shrimp and bacon in bowl as well.
- In another bowl add mayo, milk, lemon juice,curry and bacon drippings mix well and pour over salad toss to coat chill (overnight is better for all the flavors to soak in.).
- If the next day your pasta is a liitle dry then just add some more mayo and milk combo and it will freshen it up. Sometimes the pasta will suck up all the dressing over night.