Recipe by cnelsongoens
A fabulous salad with greens and fruit topped with Curry Shrimp Cakes and tart lime dressing. This salad is beautiful to look at and is packed with great flavors.
- 4 large navel oranges
- 1 large grapefruit
- 3 cups jicama, peeled and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup red radish, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced peeled fresh
- 1⁄3 cup light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and section oranges and grapefruit over a bowl to reserve juices.
- Add oranges, grapefruit, jicama, and radishes to reserved juice. Chill until ready to assemble salad.
- Make dressing by stirring together lime rind, lime juice, yogurt, mayo, honey, and black pepper.
- To make shrimp cakes chop shrimp, then stir together curry powder, breadcrumbs, coconut, red bell pepper, green onions, ginger, coconut milk, soy sauce, shrimp, eggs, and garlic. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- Form 16 patties from shrimp mixture and flatten to approximately 1/2 thickness.
- Brown 8 shrimp cakes at a time for 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove pan from heat, cover pan, and let cakes sit in pan for 5 minutes. Remove shrimp cakes from pan and repeat cooking with remaining 8 raw shrimp cakes.
- To plate entree salad, add romaine lettuce to 8 plates. Using a slotted spoon, evenly divide the orange mixture between the 8 plates. Place 4 shrimp cakes on each salad. Drizzle each salad with 1 tablespoon of dressing.