1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #712734's Note:
A fabulous salad with greens and fruit topped with Curry Shrimp Cakes and tart lime dressing. This salad is beautiful to look at and is packed with great flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large navel oranges
- 1 large grapefruit
- 3 cups jicama, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup red radish, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced peeled fresh
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Peel and section oranges and grapefruit over a bowl to reserve juices.
- 2Add oranges, grapefruit, jicama, and radishes to reserved juice. Chill until ready to assemble salad.
- 3Make dressing by stirring together lime rind, lime juice, yogurt, mayo, honey, and black pepper.
- 4To make shrimp cakes chop shrimp, then stir together curry powder, breadcrumbs, coconut, red bell pepper, green onions, ginger, coconut milk, soy sauce, shrimp, eggs, and garlic. Refrigerate for an hour.
- 5Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- 6Form 16 patties from shrimp mixture and flatten to approximately 1/2 thickness.
- 7Brown 8 shrimp cakes at a time for 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove pan from heat, cover pan, and let cakes sit in pan for 5 minutes. Remove shrimp cakes from pan and repeat cooking with remaining 8 raw shrimp cakes.
- 8To plate entree salad, add romaine lettuce to 8 plates. Using a slotted spoon, evenly divide the orange mixture between the 8 plates. Place 4 shrimp cakes on each salad. Drizzle each salad with 1 tablespoon of dressing.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Shrimp Cakes Entree Salad
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.5 mg
- Sodium 407.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk