1/1 Photo of Curry Sausage German Style (Currywurst) from German Chef
Chef #1166907's Note:
Curry Sausage (Curry wurst) is a very popular German snack/fast food on the go. Its easy to make, kids love and its cheap! I'm using hotdogs in this recipe but any type of brats, breakfast sausages and franks will work great with this sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice onions very very small (or use onion powder) and saute in olive oil or butter.
- 2Ad all other ingredients except the water and stir constantly while heating for 5 minutes.
- 3Ad water and reduce heat to a small simmer.
- 4Ad sugar if needed (the sauce should be on the sweet side with just enough kick from the curry and the cayenne).
- 5Cut hotdogs into bite size pieces and saute golden brown. (if you use brats saute or grill brats in one piece and dice when done).
- 6Pour curry sauce over sausage pieces on the plate, sprinkle some curry powder on top.
- 7Best served with french fries.
Browse Our Top German Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Sausage German Style (Currywurst) from German Chef
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.1
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 1575.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g