Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Curry Sausage (Curry wurst) is a very popular German snack/fast food on the go. Its easy to make, kids love and its cheap! I'm using hotdogs in this recipe but any type of brats, breakfast sausages and franks will work great with this sauce.
- 1 (12 ounce) package hot dogs
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced (or onion powder)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 ounce water
- Dice onions very very small (or use onion powder) and saute in olive oil or butter.
- Ad all other ingredients except the water and stir constantly while heating for 5 minutes.
- Ad water and reduce heat to a small simmer.
- Ad sugar if needed (the sauce should be on the sweet side with just enough kick from the curry and the cayenne).
- Cut hotdogs into bite size pieces and saute golden brown. (if you use brats saute or grill brats in one piece and dice when done).
- Pour curry sauce over sausage pieces on the plate, sprinkle some curry powder on top.
- Best served with french fries.