Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice topper to ANY DISH - Fish, Chicken, Veggies, YOU DECIDE!!
- 1⁄2 lb onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1⁄4 lb tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions (chopped)
- In a hot skillet, sauté onion, garlic, tomatoes, and ginger until softened. Add cumin, coriander, allspice, thyme, curry powder, and turmeric. Cook for 3 minutes. Add water and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Add cayenne and cilantro. Just before serving, add scallions.
Didn't really work for me. I did cut the recipe in half, but it didn't taste like anything. I doubled the spices and added salt. Still ho-hum. As a note, I added a lot of water so that it could cook for 20 minutes on low (the recipe does not specify how much water).
I would like to try this, but being a newbie cook I have no idea how much water you mean to add. If you could adjust the receipe to note how much water I would appreciate it!