Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I found this recipe while bored at work off msn's practical guide to healthier living and I believe the recipe is from eatingwell.com. Anyways it sounds amazing so I'm posting it here for safe keeping.
- 2 large organic seedless oranges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs wild shrimp, peeled and deveined (30-40 per pound)
- 1 tablespoon expeller pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, preferably Madras (see Note)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet (with sides) with parchment paper. Finely grate the zest of 1 orange; set aside. Using a sharp knife, peel both oranges, removing all the bitter white pith. Thinly slice the oranges crosswise, then cut the slices into quarters. Spread the orange slices on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Roast until the oranges are slightly dry, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp with oil, curry powder, pepper, the orange zest and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Transfer shrimp to baking sheet with the oranges and roast until pink and curled, about 6 minutes. Divide oranges and shrimp among four plates and serve.