This recipe comes from kraftfoods.com. I find cauliflower a rather bland vegetable; however, the addition of curry powder really perks it up.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the olive oil, curry powder, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Place the washed and well drained cauliflower florets in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish; pour the oil mixture over the florets and toss gently.
- Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes; remove from oven and stir in almonds mixing lightly.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cauliflower is browned and almonds are toasted.
Absolutely scrumptious recipe- this is now in my perma recipe rotation. I like to roast it a bit longer, till the edges are really caramelized and crispy. Also tried once with some broccoli florets thrown in and it worked well, though the cauliflower definitely the best of the two when done this way.
Thank you for a deeeeeeeeeelish recipe! This would turn even the staunchest cauliflower-hater into a raving cauli-lover. (I can also see it being a huge hit at potlucks and parties, and a very affordable dish to contribute!)
I made this for dinner tonight and my husband couldn't stop raving about it. He asked to make it a favorite. I need to double the recipe next time!
Simply outstanding. I had a â€œspecialâ€� green cauliflower from the local farmers' market--it yielded 3 cups of florets. The conversion still had me using Â¼ C of olive oilâ€”which was too much for three cups of cauliflower. I think two tablespoons would have done fine. The sugar was a surprise of which I was skepticalâ€”but it was wonderful. Oh, and I had a lime cut so I went ahead and used that rather than cutting a new lemon. I REALLY LIKE THIS!