Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This salad can be prepared a day in advance, just bring to room temperature before serving. Chopped red or green bell (or use both) peppers can be substituted for the roasted red peppers.
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 -4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice (measure out about 1-1/3 cups before cooking)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion and curry powder; saute for about 4 minutes.
- Add in chopped garlic; saute for another minute.
- Add in chicken strips and saute until cooked (about 4 minutes).
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool.
- Mix in cooked rice, peas, roasted peppers and raisins; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk 3/4 cup oil with vinegar and cumin in a small bowl to blend well.
- Add in enough dressing to taste (use all or just use some) toss well.