Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by a 4H recipe. A great anytime salad, as long as you have rice, canned shrimp and chick peas in the pantry, celery and green onion in the fridge and green peas in the freezer you are only 3 hrs away from a gorgeous salad.
- 2 cups fragrant cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 3⁄4 cup diced green onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 4 ounces small shrimp, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Mix together rice, peas, chick peas, green onion, celery and shrimp.
- Boil all dressing ingredients together and pour over rice mixture.
- Mix and refrigerate for 3 hrs to mix flavours.
This was good although we found it lacked a bit in flavour. I think we were expecting the curry to be more prominent. I even used about 1 1/2 teaspoons of curry and we still found it rather bland for our tastes (admittedly, there is nothing subtle about our tastes!) Also, I usually omit salt in all recipes and found this rather salty with the soy (I used light) and seasoning sale). I will probably make this again, perhaps with some modifications. Thanks for posting!