This is a very satisfying salad. It is also great without the chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fast and natural instant brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- reduced-sodium chicken broth (enough to cover 4 chicken breasts)
- 4 chicken breasts (optional)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream or 1/4 cup whole yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- 1Combine rice, water, and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer 12 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork and cool.
- 2Bring broth to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, add chicken and simmer for 12 minutes. Cover, and let sit for 15 minutes. Cube chicken.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the rice, chicken, celery, bell pepper, green onions, raisins, and almonds.
- 4In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, curry powder, and salt. Pour over rice mixture and stir to combine. Garnish with cilantro. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.8
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 255.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g