Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice change from potato salad
- 1 (7 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimento stuffed olives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste)
- Cook Rice-a-Roni according to pkg directions except use 2 cups water, let cool. Drain marinate from the artichoke hearts and reserve for dressing. Slice olives, chop water chestnuts, onions and artichoke hearts. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl including cooled rice.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
I had this today and I really liked it. I aslo used a can of bamboo shoots and used more than 1 tbsp of curry. Yum Yum!!
This is exactly the recipe I was looking for. I had a salad very similar to this one years ago at a catered luncheon and I've wanted to try and duplicate it ever since. Well, my DH and I were hosting a luncheon for my MIL 85th birthday this past weekend so I thought I give it a try with this recipe. I prepared it exactly as written the day before the party and it kept well. The salad was a great success! Everyone loved it and several people asked for the recipe. Thanks so much for posting this, I'll be making it again and again!!