Recipe by DailyInspiration
I love curried rice and the addition of raisins and almonds sounds wonderful. This recipe is taken from the "Joy of Eating" cookbook.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin, plumped in orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan. Cover pan and simmer mixture over low heat until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, saute onion in oil until tender. Add onion and remaining ingredients (except chives) into rice and toss well. Sprinkle top with minced chives.