Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love curried rice and the addition of raisins and almonds sounds wonderful. This recipe is taken from the "Joy of Eating" cookbook.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin, plumped in orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives, minced
- Stir together the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan. Cover pan and simmer mixture over low heat until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, saute onion in oil until tender. Add onion and remaining ingredients (except chives) into rice and toss well. Sprinkle top with minced chives.
I just loved this rice. My DS was a bit scared of the raisins, but he cleaned his plate and asked for more! Thanks so much for sharing. Made for ZWT8.
Simply scrumptious. I made a half amount and DH loved his version (sans curry and almonds) and I loved mine (the full magilla!). I enjoyed the rice more than the lemon pepper grilled chicken breast, lol. Thanks for sharing this marvelous recipe Nancy, it will be made again.
We loved this rice! The only change I made was to add the curry in when the rice was only half cooked. I wanted the flavour to permeate the rice. DH is curry phobic but loved this. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. We will make it often. Made for the Bistro Babes - ZWT 8