Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I don't know if it is *all the butter*, but this bread is *so good*. From Betty Crocker "Bread Machine" booklet.
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Measure carefully placing all ingredient except butter in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Dough/Manual cycle. Do not use delay cycles.
- Remove dough from pan, using lightly floured hands. Knead 5 minutes on lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease large cookie sheet. Divide dough into 10 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Brush with butter. Cover and let rise in warm place for 30 to 40 minutes or until double.
- Heat oven to 375°F bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Lovely dinner rolls! My DH called them "chic." The amounts of curry and rice are just right to give wonderful flavor and texture. Since I used salted butter, they were maybe a tad too salty overall, but that could be easily remedied by using less in the dough or using unsalted butter. Thanks for posting!