Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This rice is a family recipe and is a staple in my house. Nobody ever wrote down the recipe, so this is my attempt. As written, there is a tang that shouldn't be there. I'm not sure what I have too much of, but I'm trying different combinations.
- 2 cups uncle ben's white rice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yellow mild curry powder
- 4 cups scalding water
- 2 bouillon cubes (Chicken or Beef)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dump Curry on top of rice in a measuring cup or bowl.
- Add oil to the pot and heat on High. (Have scalding water on hand.).
- Add Rice and Curry to oil and stir constantly until just before rice browns.
- Add water (Watch out for the steam).
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until rice is done.