Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From BHG.com website
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In 4-qt. Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, carrot, and celery. Cook, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add curry powder and pumpkin pie spice. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add pumpkin, broth, and water. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In food processor or blender, add one-third of the pumpkin mixture at a time, cover, and process or blend until smooth. Return all pumpkin mixture to Dutch oven.
- Stir half-and-half, salt, and pepper into pumpkin mixture; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with Orange-Cranberry Topper.
Excellent soup. Even my picky DS ate it so that should say something about the flavor and taste.