Recipe by Alyss05
Another made up recipe. Rich enough to be a light meal, perfect for a cozy fall meal after a busy back to school day. Adjust the spices to your liking and add whatever else you happen to have on hand. Soups are easy like that.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cauliflower floret
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon new mexico chile powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups water or 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken or 1⁄2 cup tofu or 1⁄2 cup panir
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions and cauliflower in the oil. Add the spices and the garlic and a little salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon or so of water if the spices start sticking or burning.
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk and enough water or stock to thin it to your liking. Bring to a boil and back to a simmer. Add the chicken, paneer or tofu and simmer long enough to heat everything through.
- Adjust the seasoning of the soup with salt and pepper, lime juice and hot sauce.
- Serve over rice and with a salad or plate of raw vegetables.