1/3 Photos of Curry Pumpkin Soup
Czarina's Cookbook's Note:
This is the ultimate comfort soup. I've had this recipe for 6 years (I got it from a magazine) and I love it. If you want to use real pumpkin instead of canned, here's the conversion: 1-3/4 cups of puree -- equal to 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger (i add this cause i like the taste of ginger, but you can skip it)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 idaho potatoes, peeled cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1In a large saucepan, sauté onion and ginger in oil 2 minutes.
- 2Add curry, salt and pepper, stir to coat.
- 3Add broth, pumpkin, potatoes and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and cook 8-10 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- 5Serve with roll or bread.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 83.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 8.6 g