These are really easy and perfect for parties or any occaision where finger food is necessary. They can be eaten hot or cold, store well so they can be made a day or two in advance if need be and the curry taste is quite mild and suitable for kids! I'd say they could be frozen before baking so if you're in a hurry all you have to do is defrost and they're ready to bake. Did I mention they're really yummy! They usually don't last more than a day in my house!
My Private Note
curry p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the mince, onion, chutney and curry powder in a large bowl and mix well. Add pepper to taste. Divide the mince mixture into four.
- 2Cut the pastry sheets in half.
- 3Roll one portion of the mince mixture into a sausage shape the length of the long side of the pastry sheet.
- 4Place the sausage on the pastry and roll up, sealing the edge with a bit of water. Repeat with the remaining portions of mince mixture and pastry sheets.
- 5Cut each log into smaller portions, 1.5-2cm thick. To make sausage rolls cut into longer rolls rather than thin slices.
- 6Place the pieces onto a lined baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and ‘puffed’.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Puffs/Sausage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.8
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 210.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: