Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
I tried this recipe out at the weekend and it was very tasty and brought it along to an event and they were snapped up quickly. I got this recipe off the TV.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 250 g minced ground beef
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (I made my own but you can just buy some)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 200 ml water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 g potatoes, diced
- 100 g peas
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped coriander
- 500 g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas 6.
- Boil potatoes. Cook peas. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the onions and fry until they start to soften.
- Add the ginger and beef and fry until browned.
- Add the curry powder, soy sauce, water, sugar, salt, potatoes and peas.
- Cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally, reducing the liquid until the mixture is moist but not sloppy.
- Stir in coriander and leave to cool.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out 10cm/4in rounds of.
- Place one tablespoon of the curry mixture in the middle.
- Fold the pastry over to form a half circle, pressing the edges together with your fingertips or crimping with a fork.
- Brush with a little beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes, or until glazed and golden.
My boyfriend and I love this recipe!