Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Short crust pastry with curry potatoes and chicken
ingredients for curry potato and chicken
- 3 medium potatoes (9-10cm lengthwise, cut into cubes between 0.5-0.8cm)
- 1 cup chicken, marinated with teriyaki sauce (0.5cm cubes)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder (mix with water to form a paste)
- 1 teaspoon light soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (add more or less to your preference)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
ingredients for shortcrust pastry
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 beaten egg yolks, mixed with a little water for glazing
- Cook the Curry Potatoes and Chicken first.
- 1. Fry the onion and shallot in the oil.
- 2. Add in the chicken and stir fry till done.
- 3. Add in the pre-cooked potatoes, curry paste, light soya sauce, salt and water.
- 4. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, till quite dry. Remove from heat.
- To make the Short Crust Pastry,.
- 1. Sift the flour with salt.
- 2. Cut the butter into thin slices.
- 3. Rub the butter quickly and lightly into with the sifted flour with your fingertips; breaking the butter up into smaller bits coated with flour. Lift mixture while rubbing-in to incorporate air. Do not overhandle or the butter will melt and the mixture will become sticky.
- 4. Add the cold water and mix it into a dough ball.
- 5. Spilt the dough ball in half.
- 6. Roll the the dough out quickly on a floured board to about 0.4cm in thickness.
- 7. Use a bowl or cutter of diameter 12cm to cut the dough into circles.
- Putting it All Together.
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- 2. Put two tablespoons of curry on each dough circle.
- 3. Wet the edge and fold in half, pinching the edges together.
- 4. Arrange on a baking tray and glaze with eggs.
- 5. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.