1/2 Photos of Curry Puff
1 hr 25 mins
Meg Hollingworth's Note:
Short crust pastry with curry potatoes and chicken
My Private Note
curry p ...
Units: US | Metric
ingredients for curry potato and chicken
- 3 medium potatoes (9-10cm lengthwise, cut into cubes between 0.5-0.8cm)
- 1 cup chicken, marinated with teriyaki sauce (0.5cm cubes)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder (mix with water to form a paste)
- 1 teaspoon light soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (add more or less to your preference)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup water
ingredients for shortcrust pastry
- 1Cook the Curry Potatoes and Chicken first.
- 21. Fry the onion and shallot in the oil.
- 32. Add in the chicken and stir fry till done.
- 43. Add in the pre-cooked potatoes, curry paste, light soya sauce, salt and water.
- 54. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, till quite dry. Remove from heat.
- 6To make the Short Crust Pastry,.
- 71. Sift the flour with salt.
- 82. Cut the butter into thin slices.
- 93. Rub the butter quickly and lightly into with the sifted flour with your fingertips; breaking the butter up into smaller bits coated with flour. Lift mixture while rubbing-in to incorporate air. Do not overhandle or the butter will melt and the mixture will become sticky.
- 104. Add the cold water and mix it into a dough ball.
- 115. Spilt the dough ball in half.
- 126. Roll the the dough out quickly on a floured board to about 0.4cm in thickness.
- 137. Use a bowl or cutter of diameter 12cm to cut the dough into circles.
- 14Putting it All Together.
- 151. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- 162. Put two tablespoons of curry on each dough circle.
- 173. Wet the edge and fold in half, pinching the edges together.
- 184. Arrange on a baking tray and glaze with eggs.
- 195. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Puff
Serving Size: 1 (1648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.9
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.5 mg
- Sodium 380.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light soya sauce