Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "How To Make Good Curries" by Helen Lawson, Copyright 1973. Posting for ZWT.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon chile seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- Grind the coriander seeds, (sieve if any large husks remain).
- Blend all of the ingredient together and store in an airtight jar. This recipe makes 3 ounces of curry powder.
- NOTE: This is madras style curry powder and is very hot.