Chef #1802618148's Note:
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This dish warms you from the belly up. It's just a little spicy, but also soft, comforting, and totally satisfying. The real trick is to make sure that the fried egg on top is a little crispy on the bottom, but still runny so that it can ooze down into the potatoes. If you're really hungry, add an extra egg...it's never a bad idea!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 Tablespoons cooking oil in a large, high-sided pan over medium high heat then add the Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes and Oniones and the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and saute for a few minutes.
- 2Sprinkle in garam masala and adjust to taste, stirring the potatoes to coat completely. Add the chicken stock and cook uncovered for about 5 mintues until the potatoes start to cook and brown a little.
- 3Cover the pan, lower the heat to medium and let simmer about 10 minutes or so until the potatoes are soft and the stock mixes with the potato starches and starts to thicken. Turn off heat and set aside.
- 4Fry the eggs to desired doneness, but try to keep the yolks runny.
- 5Spoon a healthy serving of potatoes and sauce into shallow bowls then top with the fried eggs. It's best to burst the yolk and let it drip into the potatoes so that they get coated in it.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Potato Hash #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 116.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion