Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The curry gives the pickles a very interesting taste.
- 24 medium cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup pickling salt
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Put the cucumbers in a bowl, add the salt and water, and let stand for 5 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cucumbers well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add the cucumbers and heat just to the boiling point.
- Pack into hot jars and seal.
Although I did not really like the taste of these pickles, everyone else that has tried them really enjoys them. So I give you 4 stars!
These were a little too mustardy but would probably make a good sandwich pickle. I thought the taste was alright but nothing extrodinary. Prepared exactly as stated.
I made these for my friends for their annual pastry and jar baskets that I now HAVE to make every year because they all love them so much. I must saw too, that these were very good. I would and probably will make these for myself. I would add alittle onion and garlic into the jars though, just for something extra! :)