Chef Patience's Note:
A savory curry sauce over pasta of your choice. A microwave may be used to make preparation quicker. However, I used this recipe for camping, since the only thing that needed refrigeration was the frozen pasta, and if you choose to use dried pasta, it would be even more camping friendly. This dish is vegetarian friendly because you do not need to use pasta stuffed with meat. You may wish to double the sauce recipe and eat it with crusty bread to dip. Yummy! Time to make is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth or 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup butter, divided in half (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (or more)
- 1 (14 ounce) package pasta (I used frozen ravioli)
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut cream (milk)
- crusty bread, to dip (maybe french bread?) (optional)
- 1Start sauce first, as it needs to simmer to thicken.
- 2Pour the can of broth into a medium sized pot and start simmering it.
- 3Carefully add 1/2 stick of butter, cut into chunks. Stir until melted.
- 4Add the curry powder, whisking to make sure there are no lumps.
- 5Sample the sauce to see if the flavor suits you or if you need to add more curry powder.
- 6In a separate pot, start making the pasta according to the package directions. Drain when done and add the remaining butter, stirring to coat.
- 7When the sauce has simmered for 5 or 10 minutes, carefully add the coconut cream.
- 8Sample the sauce again to be sure the flavor is right for you. Notice how the coconut cream enhances the curry flavor without diluting it-mmmm!
- 9Continue simmering the sauce, whisking occasionally, until it reaches the thickness you desire, or until you cannot stand waiting any longer.
- 10Serve the sauce over the pasta with a side of crusty bread to dip.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.3
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 280.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened coconut cream