Recipe by mary winecoff
This is not a true curry; this recipe came from my mother's recipe box. I am sure it is a very old recipe judging by the condition it is in. I am trying to get most of her "favorite" recipes posted.
- 78.07 ml butter
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 0.25 ml chili powder
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 709.77 ml shrimp, clean, cooked and split lengthwise in half
- yellow rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until tender but not brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Add shrimp.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, just until thoroughly heated.
- Just before serving, spoon over yellow rice.
- Offer curry condiments, coconut, peanut halves, chutney, hard boiled eggs.