This is not a true curry; this recipe came from my mother's recipe box. I am sure it is a very old recipe judging by the condition it is in. I am trying to get most of her "favorite" recipes posted.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 cups shrimp, clean, cooked and split lengthwise in half
- yellow rice
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until tender but not brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Add shrimp.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, just until thoroughly heated.
- Just before serving, spoon over yellow rice.
- Offer curry condiments, coconut, peanut halves, chutney, hard boiled eggs.
DH enjoyed this dish for dinner tonight. Based on Kittencal's review I used 1 cup sour cream & 1 cup plain yogurt. Made for Photo Tag
good recipe but needed some major changes for my family's taste, also I added in 2 teaspoons dried chili flakes for heat, the sour cream needs to be reduced buy at least 1/2 cup, it overpowders the recipe, will make again but with some adjusments, thanks for sharing Mary!...Kitten