2 hrs 10 mins
A Potjie is a South African Stew type meal cooked in a large three legged pot over coals. It is often cooked as port of a social gathering in much the same way as BBQs are. These are awesome to have while camping too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in the pot. Season the meat with salt and pepper and brown a few pieces at a time. Remove and set aside.
- 2Fry the onions until tender. Return the meat to the pot. Cover the meat with water, replace lid and simmer for 1 hour.
- 3Add the carrots and potatoes and simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- 4Mix the sugar, curry powder and turmeric with the milk and add. Simmer for another 15 minutes and gently stir through once. Add more water if the potjie becomes too dry and simmer for another 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Neck of Mutton Potjie
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 84.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: