Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the files of ...Me! Caution for peanut allergies: recipe calls for peanut oil. Can easily be doubled for 16 wings.
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- 8 chicken wings
- Rinse chicken under cold, running water and pat dry in paper towels; set aside.
- Combine ginger, oil, lemon juice, curry, cumin, mustard and salt in a non-aluminim (non-reactive) bowl, and stir and set aside.
- Add wings to marinade and turn until evenly coated.
- Set aside to marinate at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Arrange wings in a single layer in a baking pan and bake, uncovered, basting occasionally about 10 minutes per side or until browned.
WOW WOW this packed some wonderful flavour, I had 4 chicken wings with a total weight of 500 grams and could only get through 3 of them with some vegie packed fried rice. I followed as per recipe and used a hot Madrass curry powder but :oops: as I review I realized I forgot the put the ginger into the marinade but my mistake, I baked at 175C fan forced for 45 minutes and the result was juicy moist wings. Thank you Oolala made for Bargain Basement tag game.
Tried this recipe tonght and it was so tasty. I didn't have dijon mustard, only regular yellow mustard and it still tasted delish! And let's not forget the aroma that was distributed throughout the house. I made it with basmati rice and a fresh garden salad. Yum!