Recipe by Oolala
From the files of ...Me! Caution for peanut allergies: recipe calls for peanut oil. Can easily be doubled for 16 wings.
Top Review by I'mPat
WOW WOW this packed some wonderful flavour, I had 4 chicken wings with a total weight of 500 grams and could only get through 3 of them with some vegie packed fried rice. I followed as per recipe and used a hot Madrass curry powder but :oops: as I review I realized I forgot the put the ginger into the marinade but my mistake, I baked at 175C fan forced for 45 minutes and the result was juicy moist wings. Thank you Oolala made for Bargain Basement tag game.
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- 8 chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken under cold, running water and pat dry in paper towels; set aside.
- Combine ginger, oil, lemon juice, curry, cumin, mustard and salt in a non-aluminim (non-reactive) bowl, and stir and set aside.
- Add wings to marinade and turn until evenly coated.
- Set aside to marinate at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Arrange wings in a single layer in a baking pan and bake, uncovered, basting occasionally about 10 minutes per side or until browned.