Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe was created by a request for curry but a "not the same old thing" kind of curry. Cheeseburger Mac and Mac and Cheese are popular here in the US so I decided to combine the curry with the macaroni noodles. Great flavor, great heat (especially if you use the hot curry sauce mix). My family prefers the Golden Curry brand as well as the Vermont Curry brand sauce mixes.
- 4 cups beef stock or 4 cups beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box kofta curry mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon szechwan pepper, ground
- 0.5 (48 ounce) bag elbow macaroni
- salt, to taste
- Add beef stock, ground beef (frozen is ok), carrots, celery, curry sauce mix, peanut butter, curry powder, siracha sauce and szechuan pepper to crockpot.
- Set crockpot on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-10 hours. If possible, stir once midway and break up ground beef into smaller pieces.
- About 1/2 hour before serving, boil elbow macaroni in seperate pan with 5-6 cups water and a little salt. Cook macaroni until al dente (7-10 min). Drain.
- Before adding macaroni to curry mixture, stir and break apart ground beef into very small pieces.
- Add macaroni to curry mixture and stir.
- Serve with fresh green salad and mixed fruit salad.