Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe makes me very nostalgic, as it is the one that made me fall in love with cooking when I was in college. All it took was the smell of the mushrooms and garlic sauteeing and I was hooked! This is a wonderful dish that is easily made vegan by choosing vegan veggie burgers and using a different sweetener for the honey. From The New World of Eating by Paula Duvall.
- 4 veggie burgers, thawed
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, in strips
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 ounces whole wheat pasta, cooked
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- In a large skillet cook burger, mushrooms, carrots, green pepper, and garlic until vegetables are tender.
- Stir cornstarch into mixture. Stir in vegetable broth, soy sauce, white wine, sugar, ginger, and curry powder. Cook and stir until thickened, then cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in cooked pasta, bean sprouts, and green onion. Heat through. If desired, garnish with additional green onion.
Made for 123 Tag. I was confused by the direction to stir the cornstarch directly into the veggie mixture so I mixed it into the sauce ingredients and then added it all to the veggies.It turned out beautifully...I would easily double the sauce portion next time.I made it strictly veggies with no veggie burger...we're just not a veggie burger family...LOL. I think it would be lovely with shrimp pork or chickn added as well. I used cappelini pasta and also added some zucchini. Very tasty.
Excellent recipe. Great way to introduce curry to kids. Not nearly enough curry for me. (I swear I was an Indian in a former life.) I just added more curry to mine. I used tofu instead of verge burger. I made shrimp for hubs. Quick and excellent recipe. I only measured the curry. I eyeballed everything else. Thanx!
Very easy and quick to prepare! I was looking for something to use up some of the veggie burgers that I had sitting in the freezer, and this suited the need well! In my opinion, it's even better the next day! Thanks, smellyvegetarian!