Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is an anitajoye original and it is delish! It's great crockpot dish. Start it in the morning and it will be ready for dinner. You can serve it over Basmatti rice, or eat alone as a soup
- 473.18 ml lentils
- 709.77 ml water
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes with juice or 425.24 g can fresh tomatoes, equivalent
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 118.29 ml cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Put all ingredients but the cilantro in the crock pot. If you want your chicken in a 'shredded' like consistency, put it in now, if you want it less done, add about 1.5 hours before you want to eat it in chunks.
- Leave to cook overnight or start in the morning for dinner.
- Taste to season with salt and pepper and add fresh cilantro.
- stir and enjoy.
- Can be eaten alone or with rice.
- Can be cooked on the stove top as well, but the crockpot is easiest.
- Soooo yummy.
An easy enough dish with plenty of flavor (I added more cumin, some cumin and crushed red pepper because of other reviews - great idea). Great curry dish. Thanks for sharing!
My DH and I love this recipe! I add more garlic and cumin and and use a spicy curry powder to heat it up a bit. Very satisfying and nutritious.
I was a little hesitant about the spice combination, but I really liked this. I did add some cayenne and crushed red pepper to give it some heat because I used a mild curry powder. Great easy, tasty, healthy crockpot recipe! Thanks!