Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
From the following link: http://www.npr.org/2011/09/28/140735689/fresh-curry-leaves-add-a-touch-of-india
- Place the flour, sugar, yeast, salt, turmeric, cumin and curry leaves in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat the butter, water and milk just until the butter melts. Allow to cool until warm to the touch (110 to 120 degrees).
- Gradually add the warm liquid to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until a soft but not sticky dough forms. You may not need all of the liquid, but if the dough is too dry, add warm water a tablespoon at a time until you get a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead for about 5 minutes or until you have a soft, smooth and elastic dough.
- Remove the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp towel and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in bulk, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Place the dough on a clean work surface and knead for a minute or two.
- Shape and place in a greased 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise until the dough is about 1 inch above the top of the pan (45 to 60 minutes).
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees with a rack in the middle position.
- Bake the bread for 35 to 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack before slicing.