1 hr 15 mins
From the following link: http://www.npr.org/2011/09/28/140735689/fresh-curry-leaves-add-a-touch-of-india
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the flour, sugar, yeast, salt, turmeric, cumin and curry leaves in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- 2Heat the butter, water and milk just until the butter melts. Allow to cool until warm to the touch (110 to 120 degrees).
- 3Gradually add the warm liquid to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until a soft but not sticky dough forms. You may not need all of the liquid, but if the dough is too dry, add warm water a tablespoon at a time until you get a soft dough.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead for about 5 minutes or until you have a soft, smooth and elastic dough.
- 5Remove the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp towel and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in bulk, 45 to 60 minutes.
- 6Place the dough on a clean work surface and knead for a minute or two.
- 7Shape and place in a greased 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise until the dough is about 1 inch above the top of the pan (45 to 60 minutes).
- 8Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees with a rack in the middle position.
- 9Bake the bread for 35 to 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- 10Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Browse Our Top Indian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Leaf Bread
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 414.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: