Recipe by PaulaG
This is from Taste of Home's Cooking for 2. I have learned that when I find a recipe if it is not on Zaar and I don't post it, I will misplace it. Such was the fate of this recipe. I have made some minor adjustrments. This is wonderful served over rice or couscous.
- 4 (4 ounce) bone-in lamb loin chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, warm the oil and brown lamb chops on all sides; drain excess fat.
- Combine the orange juice, teriyaki sauce, orange peel, curry and garlic; pour over lamb.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove the chops and keep warm while preparing the sauce.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan drippings.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chops on top of cooked rice or couscous and pour gravy over.