Recipe by I Puzzle
Easy curry dish I use for a side dish or main course depending on the ingredients I use. I serve this with rice or couscous.
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely chopped, I use purple onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- olive oil (for sauteing)
- 1 cup shrimp, cooked
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1 cup potato, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Next, add garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Now, add cumin, coriander, chili and turmeric and continue to cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add water if the mixture becomes dry -do so one tablespoon at a time to avoid making the mixture too runny.
- Finally, add the mushrooms, tomato paste and salt. You can add more water (anywhere from 3 tablespoons to 1/2 cup depending on the consistency that you personally want to achieve.) Lower the heat to a simmer, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped fresh cilantro. [optional].