Recipe by Miss-Alex
My all time favorite recipe
Top Review by vaavale1
Thank you so much, This was great.Altered it a bit by adding a small tin of coconut cream.And forgot to add the thyme. Cooking the curry gave it a nutty taste. It's LOVELY. Read another recipe in here and I am going to try it with chicken, putting dumplings on the top. He-he left it in the fridge, for the men of the house,Woke up in the morning, It's all gone!!!! Now all I have to do is tell them it was GOAT!!!!
- 3 lbs goat meat, cubed
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 ounce vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 3 potatoes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the goat into cubes.
- Peel skin off potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Wash the meat with the vinegar and hot water for 30 minutes, then rinse.
- Season meat with 2 tblspn curry powder, diced onions, salt and pepper and refrigerate for an hour or more.
- In a pot, add the oil and the 2 tblspn of curry powder.
- When powder changes color add meat and fry for 2 minutes, add 2 cups of water immediately, and add potatoes,turn heat down to medium.
- Boil for 15 minutes, then taste the stew, add any extra salt if necessary.
- Boil for an extra 45 minutes, adding water when needed.
- Too make the stew thicker add the breadcrumbs.