Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My all time favorite recipe
Make and share this Curry Goat recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs goat meat, cubed
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 ounce vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 3 potatoes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (optional)
- Cut the goat into cubes.
- Peel skin off potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Wash the meat with the vinegar and hot water for 30 minutes, then rinse.
- Season meat with 2 tblspn curry powder, diced onions, salt and pepper and refrigerate for an hour or more.
- In a pot, add the oil and the 2 tblspn of curry powder.
- When powder changes color add meat and fry for 2 minutes, add 2 cups of water immediately, and add potatoes,turn heat down to medium.
- Boil for 15 minutes, then taste the stew, add any extra salt if necessary.
- Boil for an extra 45 minutes, adding water when needed.
- Too make the stew thicker add the breadcrumbs.
Thank you so much, This was great.Altered it a bit by adding a small tin of coconut cream.And forgot to add the thyme. Cooking the curry gave it a nutty taste. It's LOVELY. Read another recipe in here and I am going to try it with chicken, putting dumplings on the top. He-he left it in the fridge, for the men of the house,Woke up in the morning, It's all gone!!!! Now all I have to do is tell them it was GOAT!!!!
Wow, excellent. My two oldest kids (8 and 6) couldn't eat it fast enough. The only trouble is finding goat, but luckily I have a halal butcher not too far from me.